The Library sponsors several adult book clubs that meet monthly. Selections include fiction and nonfiction. The Library also maintains sets of books for other book clubs in the community to use. If interested in either opportunity please submit a request to Ask a Librarian.
The Library provides desktop computers for public use with a library card or guest pass. Free WiFi is available for anyone with their own device. All users will acknowledge an internet use agreement.
FAX, COPIERS, PRINTING
Faxing is available at the Circulation Desk. Charges: $2 for 1-10 single side pages, each additional page $0.25 each single side page.
Copiers and printers are available for public use near the computers. Charges: $0.10 per page. The Coin and Bill accept coins and bills from $0.05 to $1.
Print wirelessly from all mobile devices, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Submit print jobs from home or in the library. Click here.
GENEALOGY AND LOCAL HISTORY
The Local History and Archives division maintains a collection of genealogical and local history material for use by researchers. Currently, the physical collection is only available by appointment but many documents are available to view online. Visit Local History and Archives to access the catalog or Contact Us for assistance.
Library users may request items owned by the Library be reserved for pick-up. Requests are accepted by phone, through the online catalog, or through the Library App. Patrons will be notified when their holds are available. Library staff requires a 24-hour notice to pull items for patrons.
Library material pick-up is available at the Lowes YMCA, 170 Joe Knox Ave. in Mooresville. Please check the YMCA website for their hours of operations before heading over there. Lockers are serviced Monday through Friday except for holiday closures.
- To place your holds online for pick-up at West Side lockers:
- Go to the online catalog and log in using your library card and PIN number.
- Select an item to request and click on “Place Hold”.
- Choose “West Side Lockers - Mooresville Public Library ” as your pick-up location and “Place Hold”.
- To place your hold by phone ask that the hold be sent to the West Side locker.
- To pick up items:
- You will receive a notification when your items are available for pickup.
- At the smart locker, scan your library card or enter your library card number, and follow the prompts on the screen. When your locker opens, your items are automatically checked out to you.
- To return items:
- For your convenience, a drop box is located next to the lockers. If full, please do not force items inside or leave them outside.
Allows patrons to request older items not owned or items that do not fit the scope of the Mooresville Public Library collection guideline. To request an item from another library please use this form InterLibrary Loan Request.
Mooresville Public Library welcomes suggestions for new items to be considered for our collection. All purchase decisions will be made based on our collection development guidelines, availability of funds, and availability of stock from library vendors. Suggestions for purchase should be completed using Purchase Suggestion Form online or getting it at all service desks.
Please note: Patrons must have a library card in good standing (not expired or have a balance over $5) to make purchase suggestions and each patron is limited to 3 requested items per month.
Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for a 90-minute period.
- Test proctoring is available for patrons who make arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.
- There is a $10 proctoring fee per exam.
- If you have more than 3 exams per class you will only pay a maximum of $30 per class per semester.
- The proctoring fee will go onto your library account as a test proctoring fee on or near the day of your exam, please pay at the circulation desk prior to your exam. If you need a library card because you are not a resident of Iredell County, you will be able to pay the fee ($20) at that time as well.
- To schedule, an exam uses the online application.