Public Comment Policy can be viewed online.
You can browse meetings by date; click on a meeting date to view that meeting’s agenda, and click on an agenda item for more information about that item.
Please include the following in your email to sign up for comments
Board of Commissioners or Planning Board
Pubic Comment or Public Hearing
If you plan to speak in person or wish for your comments to be forwarded to the Board
General Public Comment
A general public comment period is held at the first Board of Commissioners meeting each month and at the monthly Planning Board meetings. Members of the public can address the Boards on any topic. Each speaker is allowed three minutes in which to comment. If you would like to sign-up to speak at an upcoming meeting please email PublicComment@mooresvillenc.gov and you will be registered in the order your form was received.
Public Hearing Comment
Unlike the General Public Comment period held at the first meeting of the month, public comment as part of a public hearing is meant to specifically address a particular agenda item being considered by the Board.
Each speaker is allowed three minutes in which to comment.
To sign-up to speak at an upcoming meeting, please email PublicComment@mooresvillenc.gov and you will be registered in the order received. Speakers must be signed up by 4:30 p.m. the day of the meeting.
To submit a written comment, please email PublicComment@mooresvillenc.gov . Written comments must be submitted to the Town Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Friday before the scheduled meeting.
If you would like to be contacted by staff about a specific matter, please provide your contact information on the form and someone will contact you.
- Speakers will be addressed in the order that they registered.
- Speakers who have prepared written remarks are encouraged to leave a copy of such remarks with the Town Clerk. Speakers who have materials they wish to have distributed to the Board related to the item they plan to discuss shall provide ten (10) copies of those documents to the Town Clerk prior to the start of the meeting.
- To avoid repetition and delay, groups of people supporting the same position are encouraged to designate a spokesperson. If a spokesperson is designated, the spokesperson shall identify the group for whom they are speaking, how many of that group are present, and the authority to act as a spokesperson (ex. HOA President). The spokesperson may recognize a group by asking them to raise their hand or stand.
- Designated spokespersons representing a group of 4 or more people who are present will be allowed to speak for up to 6 minutes.
- The total time for the public comment period will not exceed 30 minutes, or 10 speakers, whichever occurs first.