Hydrant Meter and Bulk Water | Utility Services Policy | Leak Adjustment Form | Disconnection for Non-Payment | Backflow Program
Opening an Account
To open a new utility account, please complete an application for service. If you are applying for multiple locations, you'll need a separate application for each address. You can apply online by clicking below, or you can print and complete the PDF form, and open a new account in person in the Utility Billing Office at 413 North Main Street. Please note that new applicants will be subject to a deposit depending on the applicant’s credit, which can vary between a waiver and $200.
- Residential Application for Water/Sewer Service (Online Form) (PDF) (En Espanol)
- Business Application for Water/Sewer Service (Online Form) (PDF)
Important Information for Renters Opening an Account
Renters must list the name and address of their landlord and the name of every adult in their household. A copy of your lease is required to assume service.
CLOSING AN ACCOUNT
In order to terminate services at a location, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the Terminate Service form below. Please allow at least 2 business days for termination/activation of service to be complete.
- Terminate Service (Online Form)
PAY MY BILL
Utility bills are payable upon receipt and are considered past due if not paid within 20 days of the bill date. Accounts with a past due balance at 5 p.m. on the 25th of each month will be charged a 5% penalty
- Bank Draft: You can have your payment automatically drafted from a checking or savings account. The payment will be drafted from your bank account on the day the payment is due. There is no fee for this service. You can obtain the form by visiting our website www.mooresvillenc.gov (search for "bank draft authorization"), by emailing us at email@example.com, stopping by the office, or calling (704) 663-3800 (select option #1) to request the form by mail.
- Online Payments: You can make payments online with a debit/credit card. Visit our website at www.mooresvillenc.gov/paymybill to pay your bill at your convenience. There is no fee for this service. You will need your account and customer number, which are located on the front of this bill.
- By Phone: Call 1-888-598-4076 to pay your bill with a credit card, debit card or checking account.
- Electronic Banking: Most banks offer bill pay service, at no charge, to their customers. This is a safe and convenient way to pay your bill.
- Mail: Mail payments to Town of Mooresville, PO Box 602113, Charlotte, NC 28260-2113.
- Kiosk: You can make your payment by cash, check, credit or debit card at the self service kiosk located at
413 N. Main Street
Mooresville, NC 28115
- In person: Our office is located at 413 N. Main Street Mooresville, NC 28115. Office hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. weekdays.
- Drop Box: You may drop your payment in the drop box location listed below. If payment is deposited after normal business hours, it will be credited to the next business day. NO CASH PLEASE!
2523 Charlotte Highway
Mooresville, NC 28117
UTILITY RATES AND FEES
Here are links to the Town's current System Development Fees (for new meters), Water and Sewer Rates and other Fees as approved annually by the Board of Commissioners:
- Water and Wastewater System Development Fees 2022-2023
- Water/Sewer Rates 2022-2023
- Utility & Stormwater Fee Schedule 2022-2023
HYDRANT METER AND BULK WATER
The Town offers hydrant meters for large grading projects to assist with dust control and other construction-related needs. Additionally, the Town owns and operates a bulk water filling station at 2566 Charlotte Highway, for use by bulk water haulers, pool filling companies and the like. Applications for each can be found below:
- Hydrant Meter Application (Online Form) (PDF)
- Bulk Water Application (Online Form) (PDF)
UTILITY SERVICES POLCY
The Utility Services Policy defines the policies and procedures necessary for utility billing, responsibilities of the Town and of customers and many other topics necessary to successfully manage our water and sewer system.
LEAK ADJUSTMENT FORM
Utility customers may apply for a leak adjustment for leaks that occur on the customer's side of the meter. Adjustments will be considered based on the current Utility Services Policy. Leak Adjustment Form is available online ( Online Form) (PDF)
DISCONNECTION FOR NON-PAYMENT
Accounts with an unpaid balance on the twenty-fifth day of the month are subject to a five percent late penalty fee and disconnection after the tenth of the following month. Once disconnected, full payment (plus a $50 processing fee) must be received before water service is reinstated. There is an additional $50 processing charge for a pulled meter. Service is reconnected the same business day if payment is made before 4 p.m. The Town of Mooresville will not be responsible for damages that may occur as a result of reconnection. Note that reconnecting, or otherwise tampering with water service meters, is considered a Class 1 misdemeanor under North Carolina General Statute 14-151.
Utility customers who have paid all bills for 12 consecutive months (one year) on time with no late penalties, returned check/charges, or disconnections, may request to have the security deposit applied to their utility account. Deposits will not be refunded in cash. If you are eligible, please submit the online form.
Find more information on the Backflow Program here.