The Town Clerk is responsible for the preparation of materials, agendas, and other documents for the Board of Commissioner meetings. The Clerk records and maintains official actions and minutes of the Commissioner meetings and also serves as a liaison between the citizens and the elected officials by providing notice of meetings in accordance with the NC Open Meetings Law N.C.G.S. 143.
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST (Public Record Request Policy)
Use of the NextRequest platform is intended to facilitate public access to public records. Official records are held by Town departments and the Town Clerk pursuant to governing document retention schedules. You may also submit a request for records in writing by using the provided form.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain the Town of Mooresville Code of Ordinances
- Maintain Resolution Books
- Records Oaths of Office
- Notary public for the Town
- Custodian of official Town records
- Archive and preserve permanent records
- Responds to public records requests as determined by N.C.G.S. Chapter 132
- Process applications and provides staff assistance for Town Committees
Public Hearing Policy
Town Board & Committees
Frequently Asked Questions