Report A Stormwater Issue

Only storm drains located in the public street right-of-way and in drainage easements shall be regularly maintained and repaired by the Town. The repair and maintenance of all drainage systems located on private property shall be the responsibility of the property owner.

The Town of Mooresville does NOT maintain or repair issues that occur on private property, such as:

  • Yard Flooding
  • Drainage problems caused by landscaping
  • Drainage concerns caused by roofing or gutter problems
  • Water that flows from adjoining property
  • Wet areas due to underground springs or wetlands
  • Standing water
  • Creeks or ephemeral channels or discharge outlets
  • Yard runoff that is directed to the street
  • Slopes

To report a stormwater issue please visit here or call 704-799-4264.