Hazardous Waste

Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste collection is available at the Iredell County Solid Waste Facility, 354 Twin Oaks Road Statesville, NC, on the last Saturday of every month from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Materials not collected curbside can be dropped off for safe disposal during this time.
Materials include, but are not limited to:
  • Aerosols
  • Auto Fluids and Cleaners
  • Cleaning Chemicals
  • Fluorescent and CFL Bulbs & Ballasts
  • Herbicides and Lawn Care Products
  • Mercury and Metallic Materials
  • Paint and Related Materials
  • Pesticides

Electronics Recycling
Town of Mooresville residents can dispose of electronics at the Iredell County Transfer Station, 158 Macleod Drive Mooresville, NC. Please call 704-664-4278 or click here for more information. 

Disposal of Paints

Do not place paint cans in your roll-out containers. Dried paint can be set at the curb with an open lid for inspection to be collected by the Town. Paint cans less than one-fourth full may air dry or the use of absorbent material (kitty litter, shredded paper, or sawdust) can be added to accelerate the drying process. Once all the liquid is gone, then the can may be placed with the lid open at the side of the road for a crew member to inspect and collect. 

Disposal of Dangerous Items
Dangerous garbage items, such as broken glass, light bulbs, sharp pieces of metal, needles, etc., must be securely wrapped to prevent injury to the sanitation crew members. Placing items in plastic or paper bags does not qualify as being safely secure. Please place objects in a hard container with a secure lid, like coffee cans or detergent containers, to avoid the possibility of injuring a crew member. Then place the container into the regularly tied plastic bag that goes in the roll-out container.