Online Reporting System
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Mooresville town limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- This did NOT occur on a state highway.
|What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me? If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 704-664-3311.
What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system? No, If a crime took place outside of the Town of Mooresville (Mooresville Police Department jurisdiction), please call the police department for that city.
What if this happened on a state Highway? If this took place on a state highway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
What is a known suspect? A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Breaking and Entering of Motor Vehicle, Credit Card - ATM Fraud, Damage to Property, Damage to Vehicle, Harassing Phone Call, Identity Theft, Lost Property, Shoplifting (Not in Custody) and Stolen Property
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Mooresville Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 704-664-3311) to file your report.