Non-Contact Checkout Service
How It Works
- Step 1: Registered Mooresville Public Library card holders may continue to choose Non-Contact Checkout Services by placing holds through the library’s online catalog or mobile app. If you have problems, call 704-664-2927 for assistance.
- Step 2: Please select the pick up location as Non-Contact Checkout Service (the second option on the drop down menu) when you place holds. Just select pick up at Mooresville Public Library will result your holds send to regular services.
- Step 3: Once your item is ready, we will call you with a designated time and instructions for pick up.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many items may I request?
Each library card holder may reserve up to 10 items.
When will my request be ready for pickup?
We will call you as soon as it is available to schedule your time for pickup.
Can I return items when I pick up my holds?
Yes, all returns must be placed in the library book return bins near the entrance and will be isolated for 3 days.
How is the Library protecting employees and people picking up books?
- All returned items are quarantined for 3 days.
- Staff are wearing gloves to empty the book drop.
- The pull bins are being disinfected after each use.
- Library staff pulling items for checkout, calling patrons, checking out and bagging the materials are wearing gloves to prevent cross contamination.
- Patron pickup times are being scheduled to maintain social distancing.
- At the end of each day, the room being used for non-contact checkout and all door handles are being cleaned with disinfectant.
Are Library staff available in person for questions during pickup?
No, all contact with Library staff is done by phone.
Can Mooresville All Access Card Users use this service?
Yes, students will use their full student ID and PIN number and can reserve up to five items each. This card does not allow DVD checkout.