The Purchasing Division is the central buying office responsible for making the general purchases of products required by all departments within the town. The division provides services to all town departments by planning, organizing, and directing activities in accordance with federal, state, and local laws governing purchasing. Also, the division is responsible for reviewing all contracts for compliance with applicable laws and ordinances.
The Town generally procures equipment, supplies and materials in one of the following ways:
- Formal bids for $500,000 and above for construction & repairs
- Formal bids for purchases of $90,000 and above
- Informal bids for purchases from $1,000 to $90,000
All purchases of $1,000 or more must be authorized through the issuance of a Town purchase order number. This number must be provided to the vendor at the time the purchase is made.
The name of the department/division making the charge should be indicated on the invoice. Invoices for purchase orders should reference the purchase order number.
All invoices should be sent to:
Finance Department – Accounts Payable
P.O. Box 878
Mooresville, NC 28115
For counter sales, a copy of the delivery ticket (with pricing identified) should be given to the employee at the time of the purchase. It is the vendor’s responsibility to verify that individuals identifying themselves as town employees are current employees.
- The Town is not exempt from paying sales taxes.
- The Town’s Federal Taxpayer ID number is 56-6001290.
- All prices should be quoted FOB Mooresville, NC.